House for sale, 300 m2 with a plot of 350m2. The house is dated about the XVII. It is part of a medieval town of great beauty located in the Baix Empordà region.
The house is distributed over three floors:
Low silver: former entrance hall, which has become a living room with fireplace, three double bedrooms, a bathroom and dressing room. There is a large terrace with a pergola that gives access to the pool and the garden through a staircase. It has a a patio where the laundry, machine room and iron are located.
Ground floor: It is the intermediate floor of the house, which communicates directly with the garden and pool of the house and summer porch. Large and comfortable office dining room, living room, a bathroom, two double bedrooms.
Attic: Currently converted into a bright studio with a fireplace. It has a large private terrace with spectacular views facing south.
Facilities: It has fibre optic internet. Wifi throughout the house. Pool with saline water system, easy parking in the area, very quiet area, all municipal services, shopping centers 5 km.
Easy property and access.
8 km from the beaches of La Escala. Leisure port, sports port.
11 km from the Pals Golf course.
12 km from Estartit with spectacular beaches. Leisure port, sports port.
33 km AP7 motorway
35 km from Girona. AVE station
37 Km from the Girona Costa Brava International Airport.
48 km from the Junquera. French border, by AP7 motorway.
134 km from Barcelona by AP7 motorway.
A little history about the municipality.
Documented the year 1,289, it was built as a defence on the occasion of the struggles and discords between the count of Ampuria Ponce V and King Jaime II, which in turn had the neighbouring castle of Torroella and Albons built.
Later he was part of the barony of Verges, so he does not revert to the crown with the county of Ampuria. This barony belonged since 1418 to the Viscounts of Rocabertí and a line of this lineage, that of the men of San Mori. It passed to the Dukes of Cardona, and in 1,587 the barony was incorporated into the crown. In 1698, Bellcaire was part of the royal mayor of Verges.
The wars of the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries caused him many damages.
The castle-palace of Bellcaire was built at the end of the 12th century and is currently the core of the town of Bellcaire de Empordà.
It represents a beautiful archaeological site, currently restored. The square-plan building was surrounded by another outer enclosure with six round towers, the one in the southeast is preserved quite whole. Despite the exterior aspect of clear fortification, the castle was built with the idea of Castle-Palace, as a residential place of the counts of Ampuria.
The main hall of the castle is currently used as a parish church, built in the fourteenth century, and converted into a temple in 1657. Other rooms also have a public purpose, housing the City Hall, a nursery and temporary exhibition halls.
Each year it serves as a framework for an epic theatrical performance in which the work of the Catalan flag is staged, with the participation of a large number of residents of the town.