Castle is mentioned for the first time in a document in 1065.
The Castle is mentioned documentary for the first time in a document dated April 8 the year 1065, but its existence is certainly much older, because during the restoration works were found remains of much older cultures like the Roman, and traces of the Bronze Age. The fortified castle rises on a base of solid rock. it sits on top with his characteristic keep, which is the hallmark of the town, and the magnificent palace overlooking the Plaça del Castell oriented to the east. The castle wall adapts to its irregular shape and reaches a considerable height. It is located in the center of the medieval town of the same name, surrounded by its packed with Romanesque and Gothic facades, including architectural charms streets. It is, without doubt, an evocative place of dreams.
At the end of XI century, the lords of the castle catch the name of the people, and from that moment, the family and its castle are involved in numerous war avatars related to the Crown of Aragon. This leads to the constant expansion of the castle and its subsequent transformation into sumptuous palace. When the aristocracy leaving the field and goes to the big cities, the castle suffers the same abandon that other strengths of the region and is degraded slowly into a monumental waste that is used by the villagers for use livestock and agricultural.
In the year 60, the castle, which had passed through various hands, is acquired by Catalan nobles, who begin a full restoration to turn it back into the sumptuous palace in its heyday had been. The result was so good that this work has been considered as the best private restoration of a castle in Spain. A total of eight extraordinary suites and several rooms that show the grandeur of the property. Complete reconstruction of the tower and the remains of the walls would provide one of the most extraordinary properties in Catalonia.