Magnificent fortified farmhouse for sale, dated in 1700 with 2,277 m2 built, to be reformed in its entirety. Alt Empordà. Gerona Spain.
Magnificent fortified farmhouse to be reformed in its entirety, located on the top of a hill, with privileged views of its surroundings and the sea.
With infinite possibilities of development, both private and business.
Access to the beaches only 1 km. Light at the foot of the farm and well water. Good access to the property, close to all municipal services and leisure.
Near where the population of Llansá rises today, was the ancient city of Deciana, founded in the year 218 a. C., next to the Roman road that in the Roussillon bifurcated and crossed the Pyrenees through the mountainous ports of La Massana and Portus. After the destruction of Empúries, at the hands of Hasting and his Normans, in the year 862, the inhabitants of the shores of Ampurdán, for fear of the incursions of the Saracen pirates, move from the coast to the interior, and thus the Villa de Llansá was built near the sea, but almost totally hidden.
In the parchments of the tenth century of San Pedro de Roda, it is called as Vall Lanciana or Vall Lanciani, which recalls the old name of Deciana, which is believed to have derived the current Llansá.
In the spring of 1344, Ramón Berenguer, second count of Ampurias of the second dynasty, revolted against the king of Aragon, Pedro IV. The Count imprisoned in Llansá many knights of Roussillon, who defended the monarch. Unexpectedly, Pedro IV appeared in Figueras and prosecuted the Count of Ampurias, finally granting him forgiveness thanks to family requests.
In 1659, with the Peace of the Pyrenees, the French claimed Llansá and tried to establish the border at Cap de Creus, but later it was located at the Cape of Cervera.
In 1692 the chapel of the Port was built.
In the middle of the 18th century, under the patronage of San Vicente, the current parochial temple was built on the remains of an old Romanesque church that since 974 belonged to the jurisdiction of the abbot of San Pedro de Roda.
Between 1718 and 1720 the economy developed with the exploitation of wine and oil.
What is believed is where the farmhouse is expanded and has acquired a greater role in the economy of the municipality.
In 1787 there is talk of a thousand inhabitants in the municipality. In 1793, when the
French wanted to conquer Roses, they were defeated in Llansá. As a reminder of all this historical past, there is only the Baroque parish church of the s. XVIII and the Romanesque tower of the s. XIII or XIV.