The Certificate of Energy Efficiency is a proof required by the Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism for all homes that are to be rented or purchased by another person. This measure wants to achieve an improvement of energy in all the countries of the European Union.
This document must incorporate all the energy aspects of the domicile, mainly to allow a better evaluation and qualification of all the elements that make up the property. From it derives an aspect that is known as "energy label".
What is energetic label?
The energy label is a document detailing the qualification that the house has obtained. This data uses a scale of letters ranging from A, being the highest, to G, which is the lowest of all. In addition, it comes with a series of colors that allows to define which is the most energetic.
This information is incorporated in the energy certificate but also includes information on the amount of carbon dioxide that can be emitted and even provides data on annual energy consumption. To better understand how this tag works, we break down its different ratings:
• The letter A is colored dark green and represents the highest energy efficiency.
• The letter B is painted lighter green still maintaining efficiency.
• The letter C is painted a more yellowish green and is not as energetic as the previous ones.
• The letter D is colored yellow and represents normal efficiency.
• The letter E has a more orange tone and makes it clear that the property has very little energy efficiency.
• The letter F is all orange and is one of the last steps on the list.
• The letter G is in red and represents a house that does not have any type of energy efficiency.
All users in the energy market should note that this label lasts ten years from the time it is issued.
Is this certificate obligatory? Https://www.boe.es/buscar/act.php?id=BOE-A-2013-3904
Yes, as provided in Royal Decree 235/2013, of April 5, all users who want to rent or sell a property must have this certificate. This measure was initiated in June 2013 in order to inform the other person of the energy efficiency provided by said dwelling and all real estate agents, sellers or landlords must present it at the time of the transaction.
Who should carry out this energy certificate?
The Energy Efficiency Certificate must be performed by an authorized technician, who has the appropriate training and can be engineers, architects or specialized technicians. The user is free to decide with which professional company wants to make the certificate since there is no obligation to hire a specific one.
What is the cost of this energy efficiency document?
The cost of the Certificate of Energy Efficiency is not stipulated by the Government, but is established depending on the supply and demand that there is at the moment in the market. The most advisable in these cases, is to compare prices with different companies.
When is the Energy Efficiency Certificate not required?
The energy certificate is mandatory for all users who want to enter the real estate market, either to rent or sell a home they own, but there are certain cases in which this document is not required and are detailed as follows:
• Religious buildings and historical monuments.
• Homes that will not be rented for more than 16 weeks a year.
• Buildings used for industrial or agricultural purposes.
• Properties that have been demolished or destroyed or are going to be a temporary construction.
• Floors with less than 50 square meters.
What happens if I do not have the energy certificate?
Any user who does not have the energy certificate in force must face a fine, as established in Law 8/2013, of June 26, where non-compliance can lead to minor, serious or very serious faults. The consumer can face fines that are around 300 or 6,000 euros.
Certificate of Energy Efficiency for the building.
Add new comment